MFM was founded in July 1989 at the home of Dr. D. K. Olukoya with 25 people at the first service. The Church later moved to No. 60, Old Yaba Road, Alagomeji, Lagos Nigeria, West Africa and finally to the present Headquarters site on 24th April 1994.
MFM Norcross Georgia, U.S.A. branch was established in June 1st 2000 by Regional Overseer Pastor
Ayo Michael Balogun and his wife, the Assembly Pastor Siyanbola E. Balogun with 20 people at the first service. Their lives and that of their families, are living proofs that all power belongs to God.
At Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries, Norcross Georgia, USA, under the leadership and pastorship of our beloved USA Region 3 Headquarter Overseer Pastor Ayo Michael Balogun and his wife, the Assembly Pastor, Pastor Mrs. Siyanbola E. Balogun absolute holiness within and without as the greatest spiritual insecticide, and a pre-requisite for heaven is taught openly. MFM Norcross Ga is a do-it-yourself Gospel ministry where your hands are trained to wage war and your fingers to do battle.
(Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
Psalms 144:1 (KJV)).
VISION AND MISSION STATEMENT
The following are the goals and aims of the Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries, as handed to the General Overseer.
- To propagate the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ all over the world.
- To promote the revival of Apostolic signs, wonders and miracles.
- To bring together children of God who are lost in dead churches.
- To train believers in the art and science of spiritual warfare; thus making them an aggressive and victorious army for the Lord.
- To train believers to receive Holy Ghost baptism and fire as well as a daily walk and relationship with the Holy Spirit.
- To turn the joy of our enemies to sorrow. That is why we would always have a deliverance ministry wherever we are. If you do not believe in deliverance, you are not supposed to be in MFM.
- To build an aggressive end-time army for the Lord. MFM is an end-time church where we build an aggressive end-time army for the Lord. WHAT IS AN END-TIME CHURCH?
- An end-time church: is a church where a sinner enters with two options. He either repents or does not come back, contrary to the present day Church where sinners are comfortable and find things so easy and convenient.
- To deliver those who have become slaves to Pastors, Prophets and Apostles.
- To build up heavenly-bound and aggressive Christians. The priority in MFM is for people to make heaven. It is not a worldly Church.
- To build up prayer eagles.
- To purify the Pentecostal dirtiness of this age.
STATEMENTS OF BELIEF
The Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries' Headquarters is the largest single Christian congregation in Africa with attendance of over 200,000 in single meetings.
- The Scriptures are the inspired Word of God; the only basis for our faith and fellowship.
- The One True God, ETERNAL EXISTENT in three Persons. God The Father, God The Son and The Holy Spirit.
- The fall and deprivation of mankind, necessitating redemption through the Blood of Jesus Christ.
- The Salvation of Mankind is through the Redeeming Work of Jesus Christ and the Regenerative Work of the Holy Spirit. Sanctification is seen as an act of separation from that which is evil.
- The Baptism of the Holy Spirit - Acts 2:4; 10:44 and 19:1-6.
- We believe in Restitution for past wrongs where possible.
- The Ordinance of the Church, ego the Lord's Supper and Water Baptism.
- The Church Universal, both visible and invisible.
- The Ministry, divinely called and scripturally ordained as that approved of Almighty God.
- Divine healing as provided by the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The Rapture ushering all believers into the Marriage Supper of the Lamb, and the second advent of the Lord Jesus Christ when He will physically land on the earth.
- The Millennial Reign of Christ.
- The Fire Judgment.
- The New Heaven and Earth.